The Center for Eye Care and Optical Services
If you need more than just a standard eye examination or a pair of reading glasses, a neighborhood vision center might not be able to address your needs. For comprehensive vision services and general ophthalmology services, visit The Center for Eye Care and Optical. We have years of experience providing comprehensive optical care to West Islip, NY, and the surrounding area.
Our team of eye care specialists and medical professionals are committed to offering the highest quality of eye care possible. We have the experience and the equipment necessary to perform a wide range of general and specialized eye and vision care services, including the following:
- Eye Exams: Whether you need a routine annual eye exam to measure vision and eye health changes, your first eye exam for glasses or contacts, or a more advanced eye exam in preparation for a procedure like a cataract surgery, our team is here for you.
- Vision Screenings: Vision screenings are most often performed for kids and young adults who are still developing. These are less involved than an eye exam, but they are still an excellent and efficient way to identify individuals with undetected vision problems. For example, a school may require vision screenings before enrollment to ensure the student has sufficient vision to do things like see the board and perform in athletic
- Oculoplastics Procedures: Our team includes oculoplastics professionals who are trained and experienced in performing procedures and surgeries on the eye area.
- Cataract Surgery: As people age, the likelihood of developing cataracts increases. Cataracts cloud the eye’s natural lens and impair vision. Cataract surgery is the only known treatment for cataracts. Our team offers both manual and laser cataract surgery.
- Optic Shop: If our optometrist determines that you or a family member require vision correction, you can pick out your desired corrective eyewear right at our location. Our optic store offers a wide range of frames and specialty eyewear like polarized prescription sunglasses, transition lenses, and scratch-resistant lenses. We also offer specialty contacts like toric lenses.
- Routine Eye Care: Many families choose us as their family eye care office due to our ability to offer the full range of medical eye care services. We are proud to employ a diverse array of eye care specialists, such as our on-staff retinal specialist, who is equipped to monitor, detect, and treat retinal problems like endophthalmitis.
- And more.
For more information about services offered at The Center for Eye Care and Optical in West Islip, NY, call us at (631) 422-1110 or request an appointment online.